Sunday 30 March 2014

Carry On.

Today I am playing in CAS Colors and Sketches Blog for the first time. As soon as I saw this sketch I knew that I wanted to do cut outs, but I had no idea what stamp set o use. To make the cars I made the cut outs and then went one-by-one through all my stamp sets (which is 50 sets) to find something that fit, this worked out perfect. Then for the colours I just picked a "red" "blue" and "yellow and grey to make the contrast less harsh. I used Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight, Burmuda Bay and Calypso Coral. I really liked how it turned out.

Here is a close-up of the  elements on the card.
 

Here is the Sketch I used for the card.

I hope you enjoyed checking out my card.
Thanks for stopping by, 
-Jill

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on the sketch - love the little windows! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you've cut out the windows for the small square-ish elements of the sketch! Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at CAS - Colours and Sketches. I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to CC&S! And what a way to start, this card is to me CAS perfection, the simple image, the use of apertures to add interest and layers and a bold, fun sentiment. Well done! Hope we see you again

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May also like: